Home to the stripped beast
The Jim Corbett National Park is located in Ramnagar of Nainital district, Uttarakhand. Established in 1936, this is the oldest National Park in India and the home to the endangered Tiger. Corbett has been the prime haunt for tourists, especially wildlife lovers for a long time who come to scout the splendid landscapes and the diverse wildlife with their bare eyes. Jim Corbett homes the most number of Tigers in India. Get in the forest with open jeeps to experience the wild.
The history of the Jim Corbett National Park is as amazing as the history of the man after which it is named, Sir James Edward Corbett. The dense Jungles of the Jim Corbett National Park were the private land of the local rulers as the princely state of Tehri Garhwal before the years 1815-20, during the British Rule. The jungles were uninhabited to make the area less unprotected to Rohilla attackers. The Maha Raja of Tehri authoritatively surrendered a division of his princely state to the East India Company in return for their support in ousting the Gurkhas from his state. Even if the actuality that the rights had passed into the British hands, the government compensated modest or no concern to the protection of the park.The single aim was to develop the natural resources and take out as many profits as possible from the jungle. Jim Corbett lived his life amidst the dense jungle and he developed a deep knowledge of the way, behavior, and living. He was an intelligent & clever campaigner and had the godly abilities to read the signs of the forest and movement of the wildlife animals during his hunting and exploring the jungles he put all his senses of seeing, hearing & smell. He has a record of swaying away 19 tigers and 14 leopards.
In the year 1858, Major Ramsay drew up the first extensive conservation plan to shield the nature and forest of the Corbett Park. He makes certain that his guiding principle is followed peremptorily and, after few decades the situation of the jungle began to ameliorate. During 1861-62, farming was ousted in the lower Patli-doon valley. Farm animals huts were put away and domestic animals were driven away from the forest. A customary staff of workers was formed to battle with jungle fire and protects the forest from the unlawful cutting of trees. Permits were issued for hardwood and count of trees was undertaken. In 1868, the Forest division implicit accountability for the forests and in 1879 this forest declared as reserved forest under the Forest Act.